For more than a billion years, Argyle Pink Diamonds were hidden kilometres beneath the Earth’s surface. First sighted glinting in an anthill in Western Australia in the mid 1980s, the discovery was just a hint of the treasure waiting to be unearthed from what was to become the Argyle Diamond Mine — creators of the renowned Pink Diamond Ingot and Pink Diamond Plume Pendant.
Following the success of 2014’s Ingot and Plume creations, the Argyle Diamond Mine have just released the first ever legal tender coin to feature an Australian Argyle Pink Diamond. With only 500 worldwide, these Limited Edition “Kimberley Sunset” coins pay homage to the birthplace of Argyle Pink Diamonds. The reverse of the coin depicts rays of sunlight as they stretch across the East Kimberley region at sunset, casting last light over the unique landscape of iconic boab trees. The coin’s face depicts the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination of 500 dollars.
Cast in 22ct Rose Gold at the Perth Mint, each coin features a hand-set Argyle Pink Diamond — a shining light depicting the sun, all set in high relief. Issued as Australian legal tender, a status granted by the nation’s Federal Treasury, the coins are available from March 2015, retail for A$8880 (GST inclusive) and are only available from Australian Argyle Select Ateliers. Calleija Jewellers are proud to be one of only 30 Argyle Select Ateliers worldwide. Please contact Calleija to secure one of these very rare creations:
- Calleija Sydney firstname.lastname@example.org 0292336661
- Calleija Gold Coast email@example.com 0755283666
- 22 carat Rose Gold
- Only 500 worldwide, specially minted by The Perth Mint
- Hand set with one Argyle pink diamond, approx total weight 0.04ct
- Each coin is individually numbered 001-500
- Diameter: 36.60mm Weight: 67.88gm (2oz being Fine Gold)
While every effort has been made to achieve consistency, slight variations in the Rose Gold colour and Pink Diamond content should be expected due to the handcrafted nature of each coin.
- Accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity
- Beautifully presented in an Argyle Pink Diamond and Perth Mint branded box with exterior matching shipper
RRP A$8880 (GST inclusive)